In today’s digital world we live in, it is important to know some software development acronyms. What is BaaS and what is Saas? The abbreviation BaaS is Blockchain-as-a-Service and Saas is Software as a Service. In this article, we’re going to discuss the deeper definition of these two so you can understand their role in technology. Here you will also find important information about various cryptocurrencies and interesting facts about them.
Understand Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS)
BaaS is based on Saas and works the same way. It enables customers to run their blockchain apps and other blockchain-related functions. BaaS is promoting blockchain adoption for various business options.
There are several key players in BaaS:
- Microsoft introduced that Ethereum (ETH) Blockchain-as-a-Service with ConsenSys on Microsoft Azure in 2015.
- Amazon introducing Amazon Managed Blockchain.
- R3 creating a distributed ledger called Corda.
- PayStand, a messenger between sending and receiving payments.
The role of BaaS is similar to that of web service providers in that they create and run website content on their computers. BaaS providers can commission an additional hosting provider such as Amazon Web Services.
Understand software-as-a-service (SaaS)
Software-as-a-Service is a way of distributing applications on the Internet as a service. SaaS applications are known as:
- Web based software.
- Hosted software.
- On demand software.
The surveys have shown that around 80% of companies use a SaaS application. Developing SaaS products requires a thorough capture of good ideas, great organization, and hard work.
SaaS-based graphics tools
Many years ago it was hard to imagine that you could use this slow internet connection for any activity. But now that the speed of the internet is no longer an issue, there are many useful tools out there to help people in various professions improve their jobs. Graphic designer very often use different random number generators because your work is indispensable without attractive forms.
It is difficult for graphic designers to sustain their beloved career in the competitive world of design using only open source tools. The leading tool for designers is Adobe, but sometimes you need a little variety. In addition to Adobe, other tools are also SaaS-based and are used efficiently by designers.
- Phoenix is one of the best with its story, layers, filters, and other useful Photoshop tools.
- Toucan is a color coordinator.
- Crow, Skencil are vector editors.
- mixer is a 3D creation drawing software.
- Inkscape is like Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw.
- Synfig Studio is 2D software to bring great ideas to life.
- FontForge is font software for designing various font formats.
- Gimp is one of the most famous photo editing tools.
- chalk is one of the most powerful digital painting and illustration tools. If you want to get into the world of illustration, Krita is your best bet in the open source tools category.
Software as a Service therefore plays a crucial role, as many professionals, including beginners, use different applications for their daily work.
In summary, we should say the following:
- BaaS is different from SaaS and is somehow based on SaaS.
- SaaS plays a crucial role in today’s software development.
- SaaS tools make today’s work easier in various areas.