Looking for a part-time junior SEO and content strategist to support the editorial operations for SODP (the publishing) and its clients.
Ultimately, you will help ensure content is on brand and add value to existing and potential readers and their customers. You report to our senior content strategist and receive team support from me / Vahe (founder and director) and the broader team of specialists within the team pod.
- Create long-form content in various formats
- Identify gaps in our / customer content and recommend new topics
- Create style guides and SurferSEO briefs that serve as reference for customers and for content creation
- Proofreading and editing of written work prior to publication
- Do keyword and technical SEO research to understand customer / SERP requirements
- Monitor web traffic and engagement and optimize to improve / replicate performance
- Coordinate with internal / customer marketing and design teams / members to get articles published on time
- Follow industry related news and generate ideas on trending topics
- Review and update published content as needed
- Proven work experience as a content strategist, content manager or similar role
- A portfolio of articles published by b2b
- Experience in project management is an advantage
- Knowledge of content management systems such as WordPress
- Basic understanding of web publishing
- Familiarity with creating SEO guidelines, keyword research tools (e.g. Ahrefs and Google Keyword Planner) and the topic cluster approach
- Solid writing and editing skills in English, Australian and American
- Convenient with formulas and Google Sheets
- Time management skills
- Ability to lead and motivate team members
- BSc in Marketing, Journalism, or any relevant field
Separately, training courses are offered that offer the opportunity to improve quickly in a constantly evolving company and to make a meaningful contribution in various areas (so don’t just limit your path from this JD).
The successful candidate will then assume a permanent role until the probationary period progresses, either in: 1) a more technical and advisory role that enables them to manage SODP client strategies end-to-end, or 2) a permanent role as a manager Editor and help SODP (the publication) grow audience and subscription income.