Veritas Technologies acquired Backup as a service provider HubStor for the data protection of Microsoft Office 365, Slack, Box and Google Workspace.
Veritas Technologies has acquired HubStor as a service provider. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
This is M&A deal number 38 that ChannelE2E has covered so far in 2021. All of the technology M&A deals for 2021 and 2020 listed here are listed here.
HubStor’s SaaS-based platform offers backup functions for Microsoft Office 365, Slack, Box and Google Workspace. The HubStor technology will be integrated with the Veritas Enterprise Data Services platform.
According to a Veritas spokesperson, customers will be able to:
- Customize backup configurations and customize them in more detail – even down to individual items
- Recover data through a simplified self-service portal for end users
- Meet data sovereignty requirements with more data center locations worldwide
- Discover insights with dashboards and reports on your backup environments
Private equity firm The Carlyle Group acquired Veritas Technologies from Symantec in 2016. Since then, Veritas has simplified its partner programs, acquired several companies and focused on cloud-based data protection services. Even so, the competition remains fierce – from old data protection companies to aspiring, pure cloud companies.
Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR): Mergers and Acquisitions
M&A activity in the backup market was steady to strong. Current Deals:
- January 2021: The European cloud and email security provider Hornetsecurity has acquired Altaro for BDR data protection functions (Backup and Disaster Recovery).
- December 2020: Google Cloud has taken over the BDR company Actifio (Backup & Disaster Recovery).
- November 2020: Druva acquired sfApex. Channel partners and MSPs received Salesforce tools for cloud backup, disaster recovery (BDR) and data migration for the CRM platform.
- November 2020: Zix has acquired CloudAlly. MSP partners get Cloud Data Backup and Recovery (BDR) software for Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, and more.
- October 2020: Veeam acquired Kasten, a provider of BDR (backup and disaster recovery) software from Kubernetes.
- January 2019: Amazon Web Services (AWS) has acquired CloudEndure for BDR (Cloud Backup & Disaster Recovery) services. Is data migration from Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to AWS the primary goal of the business?